With almost 315 million downloads, TikTok was the most downloaded app in the first quarter of 2020. According to a Sensor Tower report, the app has been downloaded for more than 2 billion times since its creation. Most of the users are under 25, who love to create short videos and then upload them.
With such a vast population using it, it is necessary that the application is safe to use. The application features plenty of safety and privacy settings that can restrict the interaction on your content and profile. You can limit the contacting and commenting on your posts and even report inappropriate content. In case a follower is disturbing you, Tik Tok gives you the authority to block him and report his profile.
Given below is the knowledge about some necessary yet important settings on Tik Tok.
Remove a Follower on TikTok
Deleting a follower on Tik Tok is super easy.
1. Open your Profile tab.
2. Click on the followers to open the list.
3. Select the follower you wish to delete from the list.
4. Tap on the 3 dot icon in the corner and tap on the block.
Through this fantastic feature, clear your list from all the unwanted fans.
Change Your Password
To change the password, Tik Tok requires an email or a phone number. In case you have created your account using your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, VK, Line, or Kakaotalk account, it would be necessary to add a phone number to reset your password. If you already have a phone number added, follow the steps below to reset your password.
1. Login your account and open the profile tab.
2. Click on the ‘three-dot icon’ in the top right corner to open the settings.
3. Search and tap on Manage my Account and then tap on Password. To change it, enter your current and the new password in respective places.
In case you are logged out and forgot your password then follow these steps:
1. Tap on the login option and then further tap on the ‘Get Help Signing In.’
2. Choose an email or phone.
Turn off comments on a specific video
If you want to avoid commenting on a particular post, then obey the following instructions.
1. Open that specific video.
2. Tap on the share button.
3. Click the privacy settings and Tap on the Turn off comments for this video.
Selective Comment Posting
Like other social media platforms, Tik Tok also allows selective commenting on videos. You can choose the people who would comment on your videos. To update the comment settings, follow the steps.
1. Open the Profile Tab.
2. Tap on the 3 dot icon to open the settings.
3. Tap on Privacy and Safety option.
4. Tap on Who can post comments and select from the options: Everyone, Friends, or Off.
Reporting Inappropriate Content
With almost 800 million active users, the platform is filled with a variety of content. For the sake of gaining followers, users often copy the content of other influencers. This is strictly against Tik Tok community guidelines, and you can report spam, sexually explicit videos, abusive content, or anything else through the following steps.
1. Open the video you want to block.
2. Tap on the Share.
3. Tap report and follow the step on the app.
If you wish to report an account, then do the following.
1. Open the profile of the account to be reported.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon to open the settings.
3. Tap Report or Block and follow the steps in the app.
To make this a safe media platform, Tik Tok is equipped with necessary privacy and safety settings. With good knowledge about them, one’s privacy is assured. Make sure to use all these features wisely to make this platform a safe place for everyone.